Storage Case for BBC Micro:Bit
What does the LED:Bit Dot Matrix Module for BBC micro:bit offer – This is a module that integrates two 8×8 dot matrix screens, supporting the display of letters, expressions, patterns, and more. The 4Pin alligator clip interface is designed on the bottom of the dot matrix, the 4Pin pin header interface is designed on the back, and the 4Pin DuPont line interface is reserved on the front side (the default is not soldered). Users can use these interfaces to match the alligator clip, cable, DuPont line and other electronic devices for purposes of I2C communication.
The LED:Bit Dot Matrix Module also has two building block pin holes, which can be compatible with the building blocks to match different interesting structure shapes. You can also use it with our other expansion boards to create more interesting micro:bit experiments. In addition to being used for some DIY experiments, it can also be used for robot facial expressions, car head tips, and so on.
Please Note – This product does not ship with the BBC micro:bit. You’ll need to purchase the BBC micro:bit separately.
2 in stock
The micro:bit mini storage case, designed for micro:bit, accommodates small objects such as micro:bit motherboards, USB cables, batteries and battery. The outer casing is made of one-piece molding technology, which is effective against drop, pressure and wear. The storage bag is only 32mm thick and can be placed in the bag or pocket at any time, making it easy to carry. This small bag is ideal for students to store micro:bit during class, not easy to discard.
Please Note – This product DOES NOT ship with the BBC micro:bit. You’ll need to purchase the BBC micro:bit separately.
What are some of the main features of the case –
- Mini size
- Designed for micro:bit
- Durable and water-proof
- Easy to carry
What is the BBC Micro:bit : The BBC MicroBit (also referred to as BBC micro:bit) is an open source hardware ARM-based embedded system designed by the BBC for use in computer education in the UK. The BBC micro:bit was first announced on the launch of BBC’s Make It Digital campaign on 12 March 2015 with the intent of delivering 1 million devices to pupils in the UK. Here’s some of what’s packed into micro:bit –
- The micro:bit is half the size of a credit card and has an ARM Cortex-M0 processor
- The micro:bit comes along with an accelerometer and magnetometer sensors
- The micro:bit offers Bluetooth and USB connectivity
- Also embedded into the micro:bit front face is a display consisting of 25 LED’s and two programmable buttons
The micro:bit can be powered by either USB or an external battery pack. The device inputs and outputs are through five ring connectors that form part of a larger 23-pin edge connector. As a pocket-sized computer the BBC micro:bit is approximately 70 times smaller and 18 times faster than the original BBC Micro computers used in schools. It has 25 red LED lights that can flash eye catching messages and be used to create challenging games. The two programmable buttons on the micro:bit can be used to control games or pause and skip songs on a playlist. The accelerometer on the micro:bit can detect motion and knows when you’re on the move so you can use it to create a pedometer or even an interactive game that detects motion. The built-in compass knows which direction you’re heading in and it can use a low energy Bluetooth connection to interact with other devices and the Internet.
Please note that the USB cable is for uploading code onto to micro:bit. You can also power the micro:bit using the USB cable when connected to the computer. The battery holder can be used to power the micro:bit when not connected to the computer. The battery connector uses a white plug (JST connector) and it comes with a switch button which lets you turn off the micro:bit when not in use and save the batteries from being drained.
- The Block Editor is a visual editor and provides an introduction to structured programming via drag and drop coding blocks that snap together. You can also convert a Block Editor script into a Touch Develop script which helps with the transition to text-based programming. Read more at the micro:bit website.
- With its touch-based interface, Touch Develop has been designed for mobile devices with touchscreens. It can also be used with a pc, keyboard and mouse. Touch Develop introduces a statically-typed scripting language with syntax-directed editor. It can be used to produce web-based apps that can run online on any platform. Read more at the micro:bit website.
- MicroPython is a completely text-based editor, perfect for those who want to push their coding skills further. A selection of ‘snippets’ are on hand to help auto-complete trickier tasks and a range of pre-made images and music are built-in to give you a helping hand with your code. Read more at the micro:bit website.
What’s included in the kit – Here’s a listing of all the components included in this kit –
- 1 x Case for the BBC micro:bit
Development Tracks & Tutorials – If you are keen to start programming with the BBC micro:bit we have you covered. We offer a range of FREE development tracks and tutorials through our digital Learning Management System (LMS) at KidzCanCode. Our FREE development tracks and tutorials let you get started with block based programming, python programming, game development of even the fundamentals of electronics using the BBC micro:bit. Here’s a list of the development tracks and tutorials on offer. Check out the KidzCanCode website to learn more.
- Exploring coding concepts using the BBC micro:bit – I
- Exploring coding concepts using the BBC micro:bit – II
- Exploring coding concepts using the BBC micro:bit – III
- Introduction to electronics using the BBC micro:bit – I
- Introduction to electronics using the BBC micro:bit – II
- Design interactive games using the BBC micro:bit
- Introduction to MicroPython using the BBC micro:bit
- Kitronik Inventors kits for the BBC micro:bit
Please use the contact us form to drop us a note with ideas for tutorials and development tracks. We are always looking for ideas and constructive input. Alternatively you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Dimensions||16 × 7.5 × 2 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.