Who are we – At OzToyLib we are educators at heart. We have been working with kids and adults over the last couple of years helping them get started with their own STEM learning journey with a specific focus on coding, electronics, robotics. While our learning sessions focus on fundamentals, advanced concepts around coding, electronics, robotics we realize that there are more important life skills that are to be gained along the way. These are life skills that are critical for survival in our digital world i.e. critical thinking, problem solving, logical reasoning, learning from failure, iterative design, collaboration, group work, etc. We love to share what we know about coding, electronics, robotics with you, your child, but more importantly we’ll help you gain the life skills that are key to survival in this digital age. Come and talk to us.
What do we offer – Every vendor wants you to purchase the newest and shiniest learning kit out there with little regards to reuse, the students capabilities, where the student is with their STEM learning journey including a clear understanding of STEM challenges that are most suited to them. Having worked with parents/kids and being parents ourselves we understand the nature of challenges you face –
- Understanding the different STEM learning paths that exist across coding, electronics, robotics and identifying one that will work for you or your child,
- Identifying a suitable learning platform among the different proprietary and open STEM learning platforms (for both hardware, software) that exist,
- Identifying a suitable STEM learning kit (coding, electronics, robotics kit) to invest in considering your or your child’s learning needs including where you or your child is with their own STEM learning journey and
- Ensuring that your investment in STEM learning platforms, STEM learning kits is scalable and re-usable avoiding vendor lock-in.
The above reasons make it difficult if not impossible for parents to work out, which way to go when getting their child or even themselves started with their own STEM learning journey. With a large number of vendors today offering their own STEM learning options i.e. kits, learning platforms, etc. its important to ensure that you pick a scalable STEM learning path and invest in a platform that’s not just scalable (i.e. scales with the learners need and is able to offer relevant learning challenges) but also allows for re-use of investment avoiding vendor lock-in.
We understand your pain and we want to make it as easy as a walk in the park. Our learning and education support services are about working with you or your child to create a custom STEM learning journey. We work with kids, adults from 8+ years of age with a specific focus on designing STEM learning paths that incorporate fundamentals/advanced concepts around coding, electronics, robotics.
What will you, your child take away – While we are focused on helping you or your child with your STEM learning journey we also focus on helping build essential life skills through these activities which include –
- Developing a growth mindset
- Developing problem solving, analytical and reasoning skills
- Understanding the importance of stretch, stretching ourselves gradually to pick up new skills, capabilities
- Learning through failure
Learning the importance of iterating quickly using agile development approaches
- Develop critical thinking, logical reasoning, problem solving skills
How do I get started – If you (or your child) are just starting with your own STEM learning journey then you might want to check out the following offerings at our Learning & Education section –
- Getting started with the BBC micro:bit (bundle including micro:bit + micro:bit electronics starter kit)
- Getting started with the Arduino (bundle including the Arduino Uno + Arduino electronics starter kit)
- Getting started with robotics using the BBC micro:bit (bundle including the BBC micro:bit + tiny:bit smart car robot)
- 2 Hr class covering any of the listed STEM education topics
If either of the above options do not suite you, write to us at email@example.com or call us at 0423 607 688 and tell us about your STEM learning needs. We are here to help. We will share with you the learning we’ve gained working with the community over the last few years and hopefully given the opportunity help you get started with your own STEM learning journey. We would be keen to understand where you or your child is with their current STEM learning journey, what learning objectives are you working towards, your interests and then help design a suitable STEM learning journey which we can then support you with.
For additional details about our education and learning services please head over to – Learning & Education section.
With regards to helping you get your child started with their STEM learning journey, here’s some of the different scenarios we can help out with –
Kids (8+ Yr Olds) –
- Getting kids of all ages (8+ Yr Olds) started with their STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) learning journey with a specific focus on coding, electronics, robotics, etc.
- Learning to code using Scratch, BBC micro:bit
- Basics of web development and modern web programming i.e. HTML, CSS, Reactive website development, etc.
- Learning to program in Micropython with the BBC micro:bit
- Working through the fundamentals of electronics using the BBC micro:bit
- Working through the fundamentals of robotics using – BBC micro:bit robotics kit
With regards to helping you get started with your STEM learning journey, here’s some of the different scenarios we can help out with –
Teens & Adults (16+ Yr Olds) –
- Getting folks of all ages (16+ Yr Olds) started with their STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) learning journey with a specific focus on coding, electronics, robotics, etc.
- Working through the fundamentals of robotics using – BBC micro:bit robots, Arduino robots, Makeblock robots, Raspberry Pi robots
- Exploring advanced electronics concepts using an electronics kit – Arduino electronics kit, Raspberry Pi electronics kit
- Learn to work with the Raspberry Pi and explore fundamentals of electronics using a Raspberry Pi electronics kit
- Exploring advanced robotics concepts using a specific robotics kit – Arduino robotics kit, Raspberry Pi robotics kit
- Exploring the world of Python programming while working with electronics
- Exploring IoT (Internet Of Things) and Python development
- Helping you work through a project challenge e.g. electronics project, python project, Arduino project, BBC micro:bit project, Raspberry Pi based projects, etc.
- Exploring Machine Learning concepts, Computer Vision and developing a Raspberry Pi based robot which can see.
If your requirements does not fit into any of the above areas please drop us a note with the details. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll do our best to help out.
Our educators have a WWCC (Working With Children Check) including a background check. They are educators themselves and have worked with kids, adults helping them get started with their own STEM learning journey. If you are wanting to pickup a new technology, keen to get started with electronics, keen on exploring robotics, have a nagging electronics project you want to solve, get your child some assistance with coding, making, creating at home then you have come to the right place.