At OzToyLib we are educators at heart. We have been working with kids and adults over the last couple of years helping them get started with their own STEM learning journey with a focus on coding, electronics, robotics. Having worked with parents/kids and being parents ourselves we understand the nature of challenges you face –
- Understanding the different STEM learning paths that exist across coding, electronics, robotics and identifying one that will work for you or your child,
- Identifying a suitable learning platform amount the different proprietary and open STEM learning platforms (for both hardware, software) that exist,
- Picking a suitable kit (coding, electronics, robotics kit) which fits into your or your child’s STEM learning journey and
- Ensuring that your investment in STEM learning platforms, STEM learning kits is scalable and re-usable avoiding vendor lock-in.
The above reasons make it difficult if not impossible for the parent to work out, which way to go when getting their child or even themselves started with their own STEM learning journey. With a large number of vendors today offering their own STEM learning options its important to ensure that you pick a scalable STEM learning path and invest in a platform that’s not just scalable but also allows for re-use of investment avoiding vendor lock-in.
We understand your pain and we want to make it as easy as a walk in the park. Our learning and education support services are about working with you or your child to create a custom STEM learning journey. We work with kids, adults from 8+ years of age with a specific focus on coding, electronics, robotics, etc. While we are focused on helping you or your child with your STEM learning journey we also focus on helping build essential life skills through these activities which include –
- Learning through failure
- Learning the importance of iterating quickly using agile development approaches
- Developing a growth mindset
- Developing problem solving, analytical and reasoning skills
- Understanding the importance of stretch, stretching ourselves gradually to pick up new skills, capabilities
For additional details about our education and learning services please head over to – <Learning Services Product>.
With regards to helping you get your child started with their STEM learning journey, here’s some of the different scenarios we can help out with –
Kids (8+ Yr Olds) –
- Getting kids of all ages (8+ Yr Olds) started with their STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) learning journey with a specific focus on coding, electronics, robotics, etc.
- Learning to code using Scratch, BBC micro:bit
- Basics of web development and modern web programming i.e. HTML, CSS, Reactive website development, etc.
- Learning to program in Micropython with the BBC micro:bit
- Working through the fundamentals of electronics using the BBC micro:bit
- Working through the fundamentals of robotics using – BBC micro:bit robotics kit
With regards to helping you get started with your STEM learning journey, here’s some of the different scenarios we can help out with –
Teens & Adults (16+ Yr Olds) –
- Getting folks of all ages (16+ Yr Olds) started with their STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) learning journey with a specific focus on coding, electronics, robotics, etc.
- Working through the fundamentals of robotics using – BBC micro:bit robots, Arduino robots, Makeblock robots, Raspberry Pi robots
- Exploring advanced electronics concepts using an electronics kit – Arduino electronics kit, Raspberry Pi electronics kit
- Learn to work with the Raspberry Pi and explore fundamentals of electronics using a Raspberry Pi electronics kit
- Exploring advanced robotics concepts using a specific robotics kit – Arduino robotics kit, Raspberry Pi robotics kit
- Exploring the world of Python programming while working with electronics
- Exploring IoT (Internet Of Things) and Python development
- Helping you work through a project challenge e.g. electronics project, python project, Arduino project, BBC micro:bit project, Raspberry Pi based projects, etc.
- Exploring Machine Learning concepts, Computer Vision and developing a Raspberry Pi based robot which can see.
If your requirements does not fit into any of the above areas please drop us a note with the details. You can reach us at email@example.com. We’ll do our best to help out.
Our educators have a WWCC (Working With Children Check) including a background check. They are educators themselves and have worked with kids, adults helping them get started with their own STEM learning journey. If you are wanting to pickup a new technology, keen to get started with electronics, keen on exploring robotics, have a nagging electronics project you want to solve, get your child some assistance with coding, making, creating at home then you have come to the right place.